- Spikes are recommended. 1/4" would be recommended due to
about 200 meters total of pavement on course.
- The course is mostly flat with some very mild rises and
is run over mostly grass and dirt trails with several road crossings and
one stretch of 150 meters of pavement.
- It will be well marked (a painted line for
the full course) and fast.
- The field will start with 2 and a
half laps of the start field next to the Hurricane Harbor Parking Lot.
- At approximately 1.7 miles, will head through
the woods, along a creek, over the creek on a wooden bridge, and then through a gate into the Animal
- The course will stay in the Wild Safari for
approximately .7 miles before heading back near the start area by
Hurricane Harbor for the finish. Spectators are not permitted in
the Wild Safari. Teams will not be able to walk that part of the
- NO day of the meet entries.
- All entries will be done on line at milespilt.com.
Go to entries page for more info.
- Entries are limited. Once we meet each number that
division will be closed.
- Event is open to the first:
- 150 boys high school teams
- 150 girls high school teams
- 25 boys middle school teams
- 25 girls middle school teams
- We expect to meet these numbers early so do not wait once the
entries are open. If a division does not fill up, the entry
deadline is 09/18/2022. This date is final due to sanctioning.
- Enter your team to hold your spot, you can add and change your
roster until 09/21/2022.
- Entry fee for High Schools is $9 per athlete with a
maximum of $250 per gender/team. ($500 for combined boys and girls team)
- Entry fee for Middle Schools is $9 per athlete with a
maximum of $150 per gender/team. ($300 for a combined boys and
- The rosters for each team have to be completed by
Wednesday, Sept 21. After that date you cannot add any more names. We will be sending a mass email to
remind everyone. If a mass email will be stopped at your school
before getting to you, use a personal email address as your contact
- Print entry fee total when roster is completed and
use as your receipt. Send in entry fee as soon as roster is
- Make checks out to: Six Flags Wild Safari Inv and send to:
Six Flags Wild Safari XC Invitational
PO Box 5006
Kendall Park, NJ 08824
- Please make sure your school does not send the check to Six Flags.
The above address is the only way we can get paid. It is your
responsibility to send a new check and chase after Six Flags if you
send the check to the wrong address.
- The race is timed via an automatic timing system.
- We intend to start all races on time.
- Each race will begin 10-20 minutes apart and end in two finish chutes (left
side for the boys and right side for girls).
finisher will get a final time, regardless if they get caught by the next
- Be sure to have your runners on the line
10 minutes prior to
the start of the race for check in by the course clerk.
- Once the course leaves the Hurricane
Harbor Parking Lot area (approx 1.7 miles) there is no overlap or
- Every school (boys and girls combined) will have no
more than 2 hours between the time their first race starts and their last
- Please have your athletes be careful of
races in progress while walking or warming up on the course.
- Please bring your own pins.
- Results will be posted at
race evening of Sept 24. They will also be posted at the meet site.
- Athletes 19 years of age before
September 1, 2022 or 13th graders are not allowed to compete.
- Middle School athletes can enter as an individual but
must be in 6th through 8th grade. Use your school name as your
team. No Club teams. Teams have to have all individuals
attend the same middle school.
- High School athletes must enter under their high
school team. If you have an outstanding athlete and the meet is
closed, contact race management.
competing from outside New Jersey will be placed in the proper race by
using their 10th through 12th grade enrollment. Race
assignments will be posted no later than Tuesday, September 13, 2022.
Middle School: One race for
girls and one for boys. At least 5 runners comprise a team but you
can run as many as you like.
There will be a team competition but only one team from each school
will be scored.
Freshman High School: Two
races for both girls and boys. At least 5 runners comprise a team
but you can run as many as you like.
There will be a team competition but only one team from each
school will be scored. .
JV (junior varsity) High School: Three races for both girls and boys. This is not an
underclassman race. You must run a complete Varsity team (your fastest 7
runners) in order to run in the JV race. At least 5 runners comprise
a team but you can run as many as you like. There will be a team
competition but only one team from each school will be scored.
Varsity High School: Are divided by enrollment
(current 10th to 12th graders). The smallest 30 teams in the
"E" race and the largest 30 in the "A" race. You
can request from meet management to move up to a larger division if you want better competition
or have special travel needs.
information about the meet email Coach Jim Schlentz
SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE: